Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Used Carvana for the first time

   I wanted to get a new truck and decided to trade in or sell my 2021 Toyota Tacoma with 54,000 miles.  When I ordered the new 2024 Tacoma, the dealer's web site indicated that they would give me $26,415 as a trade-in.  I felt that I needed to research other ways to sell my truck.  I looked at web sites that told me it's value and found that the Toyota dealer was rather low.  My son then told me to check Carvana.  I was a little apprehensive to try out this new way of selling a vehicle, but I figured what did I have to lose. I went to their web site and entered my truck's info and pictures.  The web site gathered the information and generated me an offer of $31,969.  I was shocked at the difference between the dealer and Carvana. The web site asked if I wanted to accept this offer and I indicated yes.  Then I just had to submit a picture of the title and of the odometer and then make an appointment to deliver it to them in Plainfield.  I drove the truck to Plainfield and met with the Carvana representative.  He drove the truck around the parking lot and stuck a reader into the slot that indicates if any warning lights are on.  After around 15 minutes I was given the check and they were given the title and the keys.  I can say I had a very good experience with selling a vehicle to Carvana and I will definitely use them again in the future.  One last note, Carvana had my truck on their web site for sale a few days later for $35,000 and it sold a few days after it was posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment