Friday, March 11, 2022

Trouble in West Virginia

    Our daughter-in-law Hayley is having a troubled pregnancy.  We went to visit her and Cathy decided she needed to stay and help.  She has now been gone for a few weeks, but I have been surviving.  We have three dogs to take care of and one of them, Sammy, is 14 years old with a lot of medical issues.  I had to take Sammy to the vet the other day, as he has been peeing in the house.  He has not every done that before and I was worried he had some sort of infection.  The vet examined him and indicated that he was having kidney issues.  Due to his age his kidneys are not functioning like they were when he was younger. Since he is an inside dog, this puts Cathy and I into making a decision on having to put him to sleep.  It is a tough decision, but he cant live outside and we won't have him just peeing everywhere in the house.  He is already blind and deaf and he has arthritis in his back legs.  So he is just getting beat by time.  Cathy and I are both in agreement that if he gets worse he will have to be put to sleep.  I am not looking forward to that, but if you own a dog that is something that sometimes has to be done.

   Cathy spent her birthday in West Virginia.  Jacob and Hayley and Marek made the day special for her and I was glad to see that. Cathy has been a great help for Hayley and is also ensuring that she rests.  The doctors want her to rest and not to overdo anything.  The baby is safe now but Hayley has some issues that require her to be monitored weekly.

   I am surviving and the house has not burned down yet.  :)  I also get to babysit the grand-kids, as well as do a lot of community work.  So I am keeping active, but I do miss the mountains.

No comments:

Post a Comment