Sunday, June 27, 2021

Ruminations - Less than a month to go

    Well it is less than a month before I get to head out for Yellowstone Adventure 2021.  To say I cannot wait is an understatement.  The mountains are calling and I need my fill or rarefied air.  I have been keeping in touch with Jack at the store and he has indicated that things are very very busy.  They had a $101,000 sale day, which is hard to imagine for one store in one day.  They have fired a few workers that were causing more issues than they were helping and I think that made conditions for living in the dorm much better.  I also hear they are still very short of people to work and have even closed the lower general store EDR.  Those employees have to come up to our store to eat and that makes for more work for Kathy and James.  I still don't know where they will put me when I get there.  I have requested grocery stocking but I am getting the feeling that they may just put me where they are in need.  So we shall see where I end up.  

   Things here at home are going as well as expected dealing with aging in-laws.  Prayers have been answered some days and others days things get stressed, but that is life when dealing with aging love ones.  I have two doctor's appointments before I leave for the road.  One is the results from my EGD and the other is my dermatologist scanning my body again.  I got a new bucket hat to where while hiking.  One that covers my neck better.  I also will have to get more diligent with the sunscreen.

   Before I leave I will be volunteering for out VBS too.  I am looking forward to VBS as it is a great time to get together as a group and spread Jesus with the young ones.  Speaking of young ones, tonight I get to speak in from of Highway 111 group.  I have not worked on a sermon, as I did not feel led to do so.  I will just be talking to them about their life choices and why it is so important to establish good roots now.  The world is changing and not for the better.  We all have to maintain our faith and our roots, as Satan is continually testing us.

No comments:

Post a Comment