Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Ruminations - Why can't people stand on their own two feet

    Having worked all my life I find myself looking around and seeing more people avoiding work than wanting to work.  I know work is hard and sometimes trying to see the end of the rainbow to retirement is difficult, but it seems that people today do not want to even put effort into getting on the road to working for a retirement.  They want instant gratification and cannot comprehend  working for years to obtain financial freedom.  The government is not helping the situation at all and unfortunately our brilliant politicians will not be changing  their ways and stop enabling people.  A person I worked with posted this observation and it pretty much sums up where the U.S. is heading and how a hard working person will start being about as rare as hen teeth in the future:

******
Once in a while we just have to stand back in awe of our government.
 
The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Dept. of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever - to 46 million people.
 
Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Dept. of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals."  Their stated reason for the policy is because "the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
 
Thus ends today's lesson in irony.
****** 

   On a lighter note it was great getting together with family for the 4th of July.  I don't know how many more 4th of July's we will have with Don and Norma, but it was sure great to see them laugh and enjoy their family.  It will take a lot of effort to keep getting together in the years to come, but it is an effort that is well worth it.  

   I got great news on the several biopsy's I had done when Dr. Lynch did my EGD.  All is well so far but I have to keep on getting my hernia checked.  Now I only have one more doctor appointment before I can head west for my summer/fall job.  I pray the dermatologist is happy with my previous cancer scare and that they see no other spots.


No comments:

Post a Comment