Friday, December 4, 2015

The Problem With Re-Releasing a Star Wars Movie


     For his 6th birthday, my son received tickets to the re-release of Star Wars.  These tickets had to be purchased the day before the showing as the theater anticipated a sell out.  Well,  that made my son’s day as he loves everything about Star Wars and can talk at length about any Star Wars movie topic.  The tickets were given by my brother and his wife who also purchased tickets for themselves.  So the day  was planned, we would drive to Terre Haute and pick  up my sister-in-law and her two kids, Nick who is eight and Alex who is four.  My brother would be meeting us at the theater when he got off work.  We were told to arrive at the theater one half hour before the movie started to ensure we could sit together.  We  arrived at the required time, but to our dismay there was not seven seats together.  So I volunteered to sit with my son Logan, the birthday boy and that my other son Jacob could sit with my brother’s kids as they had found five seats together.  Once the popcorn and drinks were purchased it was then a matter of entertaining my son for a half an hour until the movie started.  My sister-in-law was doing the same and waiting for her spouse to arrive.  Finally, after exhausting every known means of entertaining a new six year old I could think of, the movie began.  After about thirty seconds into the movie my four year old niece Alex yelled at her mother “Mom! Mom!”.  My sister-in-law who was just settling into a relaxing two hours of the new enhanced Star Wars responds, “What is it Alex?”.   “Mom!” Alex replied. “I have already seen this movie!”

No comments:

Post a Comment