Thursday, August 3, 2017

Yellowstone Adventure 2017 - Day 26

   Got up early to check if terminals were working yet. They were not and it was chaos in the store having to do manual entry. I was hoping they would come up by the time my shift started at 11:25.  The Good news was that Kathy and James fixed fried chicken, mashed potatoes, carrots and peacan pie for dessert. A great way to venture into the fracus.
   Got my til and headed to the grocery section. Folks it was all hands on deck. All supervisors were there helping all the cashiers. Some people who were off we also helping. Every item bought had to be wrote down on a form. UPC code, item description and price. All credit card transactions had to been done manually with the Knuckle buster. We had supervisors who were runners that just got prices of each item. We had people going through each line filling out forms ahead of arriving at the cash register. It was definitely a team effort. The workers were all on one page and the customers were very nice and patient. That is not too say I am not tired. Writing this at my break and my hand is killing me from writing so much and my back is hurting from being bent over for three hours writing on a form. I am definitely going to be napping during this break.
  On a side note there seems to be a forrest fire up by canyon. Yesterday the smoke reached here, but today it seemed fairly clear as the wind changed direction.  We also lost another employee due to underage drinking. It really is a shame that kids and alcohol seem to attract each other to the point of being stupid.
   After a nice nap and toasted cheese for dinner I headed back out on to the floor. The Good news was the IT group was on hand and two of the four grocery terminals were working. Mine was not but business was down and we sent all the customers to the working terminals. After about an hour of stocking my terminal was up and running. So the night went a lot better. Not much else happened and the shift ended quietly. Thank God tomorrow is Friday. I am beat. Like I said before the staff all pulled together great and the customers I had were patient and sympathetic to what we were going through. Rumor has it that the head store manager is going to reward us all with free room and board for this week. We pay around 80 dollars a week for this. So that will be nice if it ever comes through.
  Take care all and I will sleep well tonight and I hope you all do too.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...sounds like a lot of extra work. Is this their busiest time?
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the busiest but still very busy.

    ReplyDelete