Thursday, August 10, 2017

Yellowstone Adventure 2017 - Day 33

   Another boring morning, so I won't bother you with details.
  After lunch it was very busy, finally. Had a great conversation with a couple from New Zealand and a very nice family from Italy. I also waited on a guy whose first name was Linton. Not his last name, but his first name. I told him where I was from and he laughed very hard. He said it was not a common first name and was surprised there was a town by that name. He said I made his day.  I also got the privilege of reuniting a man and his wallet after two days apart. He left his wallet at my cash register two days ago and we put it in the office lost and found. My friend Bob felt like a newly christened ship today. Demetri, who was working next to him, smacked a huckleberry flavored vodka down hard on the counter and it shattered. Spraying Bob with vodka. Let's just say Bob did not like it at all.  We also had to call the park rangers today because an elderly woman, with the on set of Alzheimer's, had wandered off from her daughter. Her daughter's cell phone has no signal and she had no way of contacting her mother. She was extremely worried and concerned. I don't know what happened in this situation as she went off with the park rangers.
  If you want to read how bad Yellowstone congestion is and will be. Then take a look at https://www.nps.gov/yell/learn/news/17042.htm
  After dinner I decided to take a short hike to the new overlook for the Grand Prismatic pool. They just finished building this overlook, as the trail was closed for over a year. I put pictures and videos on Facebook of the pool. It is one of the most visited places and congested places in the park.
  That is about all for today. Take care and pray for one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment