Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 65

  Today was another day shift and that meant up early.  I have got to stop staying up and reading, but Clive Cussler's books are very addictive.  :)  After a Grape Nuts breakfast I walked into work.  The day looked overcast so I brought my umbrella, but really did not need it.  The morning was very slow and very boring.  Not much going but I can tell the Sturgis motorcycle rally folks are starting to come in.  You talk about rough looking and the guys are even worse.  :)  Seriously I can tell the bikers from the regular tourists for sure.  Mainly their face tans and there massive use of leather clothes.  Also another thing I noticed was that about 75 percent of my transactions today was done with cash.  That is also unusual but it seems the biker group does not use credit cards much.  I asked Gina about this and she said for the last few days she noticed also that more cash transactions were happening.  Interesting.
  Around 10:30 we got in a shipment of around 120 belts to process.  Pauline got in at 11AM and went to work on the pricing for me and then I went to work on getting them in inventory.  Dan in Buckboard helped me with them and between the two of us we got them taken care of rather quickly. Pauline had management meetings and sales rep meetings today, so I basically ran the department by myself.  It was not very busy, which was good for me.  One of the nice things about the bikers is that I can tell where most of them are from because a lot of them wear vests with the state name on them.  I talked to a group of Indiana bikers from Michigan City Indiana today.  That is about it for today.  Only 8 more working days left until I am free of selling shoes.  :)  Take care you all and be kind to one another.

Dog of the Day.

One of the signs our store sells.
Since I have a Schnauzer I thought it was cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment