Thursday, August 6, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 67

  TGIF.  Got to sleep in today as I switched with Pauline and was working her late shift.  Before I walked into work I called the Stacy, the trailer inspector, to get a date for inspecting my trailer before I leave.  If I pass the inspection then I get my deposit back and I am on my way.  If not I have some cleaning to do, but I really don't expect the latter as I have been keeping it pretty clean.  She said she will inspect it next Friday while I am working and get the paperwork filled out.  She said she will leave my deposit money if the place checks out OK.  I thanked her and headed to work. 
   Pauline was not very busy when I got there and the day proved that to be the case.  Only a few times did we have more than one person looking for shoes at a time.  The belts sold well today and Pauline said that is usually the case during Sturgis rally week.  I did manage to sell a $93 bone belt today.  My very first.  Now I only have an Ostrich belt to sell to cover all types. 
  We did have an interesting sale in the kid's section.  A couple bought a $29.95 cowboy hat for their kid and then asked to have it shipped home.  Nothing else but the cowboy hat.  So tell me the logic in buying a $29.95 cowboy hat and paying $30 to have it shipped.  I have seen a lot of interesting decisions since I have been here, so that did not phase me one bit.  The bikers today were very interesting but I have one observation about them.  Most biker guys that come in the store are very over weight.  So if a person should ever get into a fight with one of them they should just jog away.  I am sure most would be grabbing their hearts after about 5 minutes of running.  :)  Seriously though they all seem to behave well and they spend a lot of cash for sure.
  That is about all for today and tomorrow starts my days off.  Laundry and shopping.  Take care and enjoy the dogs of the day pictures.  I can't believe how many backpacks with animals there was in the store today.  Still my favorite was the Golden Retriever.  Stay kind.



No comments:

Post a Comment