Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 72

   Tuesday morning and only 3 more days of work, after this day anyway.  The day started well, after a good nights sleep.  I finished my last waffle breakfast.  My food supplies are dwindling down as I had planned.  Soon I will be eating at the Cafe for meals as I do not want to have any food left to throw away. 

  The walk to work was pretty good and the motorcycle noises were evident that Sturgis folks are still coming and going.  I got into work to find that the moccasins Pauline ordered last week were delivered and that yesterday's inventory was three quarters done.  So I had plenty of work to do today to keep me busy.  If the tourists were not keeping me busy enough.  The store was pretty busy and we sold a lot of moccasins and belts today.  Pauline was her usual worry self.  She worries that we are not selling enough inventory and then she worries that she can't get enough inventory in to sell.  I am doing my best to keep her focused on the positives.  She is a good worker and manages the department well.  Rick the store owner came by today and complimented her on the kids section that she oversees.  I sometimes tag and put up stuff in the kids section, but it is mainly Pauline's area and she does a great job keeping it stocked.  We sell a lot of kids cowboy hats and ropes and cow girl outfits.  

   Not too much interesting happened today.  The motorcycle tourists were well behaved and still dressing rather interesting. I had to clean up where a dog peed on the floor today, but I had no issues with that as I like having dogs around the store.  They make my day for sure.  Several of my co-workers have kidding me about my last day being Friday.  I take it all in stride.  Some of the workers are very tired, as the schedules are usually more than 40 hours a week for some.  So I can understand them wanting to leave with me.  I told Pauline that I do hope the store rewards their regular yearly employees with a bonus or something, as they have been putting in 6 and 7 days a week to pick up the slack from being down workers.  I told her I would email her and ask later this year if they did.  She does not know if they will but I think it would be right to do this and good for morale.

  That is all for the day.  Storming now and will be storming for the next couple of days.  Take care everyone and stay well.  Got a great video from my son Jacob today.  He got re-baptized.  I am proud of the christian man he has become and how he leads his family.  Be kind and be well.

Dog of the day.  Would not hold still and wanted to play and be petted.


No comments:

Post a Comment