Monday, August 10, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 71

    Today was a late shift day and I managed to get through an official Monday.  I was able to sleep in and get some added rest, which was nice.  The day was pleasant and as I walked in I could tell the place was full of Sturgis motorcycle customers.  When I walked into the store Pauline was frazzled.  There was a lot of customers and it seems there was also 5 boxes of inventory delivered.  I talked to Pauline for a little to get an idea on what direction the day was to go.  She indicated customers first, then inventory put up.  I worked on the customers while she tried to sort out what inventory was priority to get on the shelves.  It seems belts won, followed closely by kids apparel. We have been having a "Belt-Palooza" in sales.  The motorcycle type loves to buy good quality belts.  We sold several woman's belts the past two days that I have never sold in the last two months.  The were $91 belts with a lot of sparkly items attached.  I thought they looked rather gaudy, but it seems the motorcycle momma loves gaudy and sparkly.  The customers were very well behaved but there were a few who liked to ask for discounts.  Wall Drug does not give any discounts to anyone other than family.  A few customers tried their best to see if I could discount a belt or two.  Can't blame them for trying.  We also have a theft today.  It seems a lady came in and pocketed some socks.  Gina spotted her and tried to spot her before she exited the store, but our area is right next to the outside doors.  That she easily made it to the sidewalk and was gone.  I also found an empty wallet box in our area. Indicating someone took the wallet out of the box and pocketed it and left.  Theft happens all the time and I wish Wall would do a better job monitoring the video feed, but I don't think anyone is manning that post.

   I got several items put on the shelves and managed to get through some inventory, but Pauline and I have a lot to go through tomorrow.  Plus we area also getting in a shipment of moccasins that will need to be inventoried, priced and put on the shelves.  So I guess I will be doing that tomorrow when I get in.  That is about all for today.  Stay safe and I have only 4 more working days left.  Yes!  Be kind and pray for one another.

Dog of the Day, a nice sheep dog


No comments:

Post a Comment