Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 66

     Another day shift and I did not sleep very well last night.  Woke up several times and dreams were about drowning in paperwork.  So as I expected I was pretty tired around 3PM.  But I digress.  The walk into work was very nice but the day was going to get a little warm when I walked back to the trailer.  I got to work and opened the store up.  Business was very slow, so time passed by slowly also.  Around 9:30AM a mother and her daughter came in to buy a pair of moccasins.  I found them a pair that they wanted and the daughter tried them on.  She said they were ok but the left shoe lace was loose and asked if I would tie it for them.  I thought this was a strange request, but I soon found out that you have to tie moccasins a certain way and I did not know how to do it.  So I found another pair the same size and they bought them.  After they left I asked Gina what this moccasin tying business was all about.  She said she could not tie one either and had to resort to YouTube to figure it out.  I looked at the video How to tie a moccasin and I could not figure it out.  So I guess I will leave here with one thing I need to learn.  Gina said she had no luck tying one to look like the factory did it either.  Since I never owned any moccasins I would never had guessed it was a different bow tie.  I think if I did not have another pair of the same size, the mother would have not bought the moccasins at all because of the bow tie issue.
   The pet of the day is something unusual.  A person brought in their emotional support pet, a pig.  It was well behaved and even sat on command.  Below is the picture and that is one strange emotional support pet.


   Today HR rep Laura came and got me to present me with my exit package.  I guess I am getting closer to leaving as now I have a package of things I need to do before leaving.  The biggest thing is that I need to call the trailer inspector and get an appointment to have the trailer inspected next week so I can get my deposit back.  I also have some paperwork to fill out for tax purposes and I have to have my uniform stuff turned in.  They gave me a check list that I will go over and some places for everyone to sign.  I am getting closer folks to finally giving up my carrier as a moccasin salesman.
   That is about it for today.  The only other thing is we are seeing many bikers come into the store.  They are sure a rough looking bunch, both men and women, but they are generally well behaved and definitely like paying in cash for their items.  The store sure makes a lot of money off of those attending the Sturgis motorcycle rally.   I hope those who are reading this are doing well.  Stay safe and stay kind.

Real pets of the day.
Two very well behaved Schnauzers.

No comments:

Post a Comment