Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 73

    For some reason I woke up at 5:08 AM today and could not get back to sleep.  So I decided to clean the trailer a day earlier than I wanted to.  I got the place vacuumed and the fridge cleaned and the microwave cleaned.  I will same the bathroom for tomorrow, but it should not take too long anyway.  After all the cleaning I got breakfast and showered, then I took a nap.  :)  I looked at the weather forecast and decided to take my umbrella today.  As there was an heat advisory and a red flag warning  condition.  It seems when those two happen then storms come in the evening.  The temperature today reached 102 degrees in Wall and 107 degrees in Wasta a few miles down the road.  The red flag warning went off on my phone warning people not to do too much outside and the humidity level was going to be below 10 percent.  Which brings about the potential for a fire caused by lightening in the evening.  The wind blowing would send any fires around the area pretty quickly too.  

   Work today was pretty busy.  Pauline had a warehouse day and I got to work with Josh for the day.  Pauline needed the warehouse day and she was pretty swamped with items arriving that needed her attention.  Josh and I priced and put away several items that arrived today and yesterday.  Josh processed the cowboy ropes.  We sell a lot of new cowboy ropes. The professional rodeo kind.  As well as used professional ropes.  The new ropes are around 50 bucks and the used ropes are around 15 bucks.  A rancher can trade in 5 used ropes and get a new rope.  I had belts and wallets to process today.  Josh and I managed to get Pauline caught up OK and she only had a few kid items left to inventory when Josh left at 5PM.  Business was very steady today as we sold a lot of belts and moccasins today.  I think the Sturgis season for the store will be a good one.

  Not much else happened today. Tourists were well behaved, but I think the heat dulled them a lot.  Nothing like riding a motorcycle in 100 degrees with a 25 MPH wind in your face.  They are glad Wall Drug gives out free ice water.  :)  The dog of the day is interesting as I have never seen this breed, or heard of it, before.  The dogs coming through the store today were very hot and panting quite a bit.  Take care you all and be kind and stay safe.

Dog of the Day a Spinone Italiano
 

No comments:

Post a Comment