Friday, August 6, 2021

Yellowstone Adventure 2021 - Day 12

    Woke up several times last night to thunder and lightening.  The rain came around 4AM and came down hard.  The lightening must have set off a forest fire not far from us as by the end of the day the place was covered with smoke and haze.  See picture below.

   The business side of the day was pretty good as we had a full crew of four working in the grocery.  So I felt I actually got some stuff done and completed, at least until the tourists wipe it out.  We had two deliveries of goods today and with all four working we were able to get the truck unloaded and ready to inventory and stock.  The sad thing is that quite a bit of stock cannot be found.  We are running low on many things that we should be getting regularly.  One major thing is potato chips and wine.  It seems that wine manufacturers cannot keep up with demand and I don't know what the problem is with Lays and their chips.  Ron just keeps on ordering what we need and when the truck comes in major items are not there or we were informed that they are out of stock.  Some items we think won't be available at all for the rest of the year.

   I had a person come up to me and ask if there was a short cut out of the Old Faithful area because traffic was terrible.  I told him not really.  All roads lead to one exit out of the area and if people are not polite then some lanes leading into the exit take a long time to clear.  He was not happy with the response, but like I said the park is packed and I would not even recommend anyone coming right now.  Although one guy I talked to took it all in stride about the traffic and the people.  He said this is nothing I have been to Disney World.  :)  

   It was payday today and that makes it a good day for sure.  I get issued a check for my first week and then direct deposit for the next checks.  I don't know why they could not get the first check direct deposited, but that is Delaware North.  

   That is about all for today.  Keep smiling and keep praying for my sister-in-law Janie.

This is around 6PM and the smoke is thick


No comments:

Post a Comment