Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Yellowstone Adventure 2021 - Day 16 (Day Off)

   I was going to go to Cody today to visit friends but was informed that there was a COVID outbreak in their family and at their work.  So I decided to head south to see the Tetons and then head into Iowa.  I got up and had a hearty breakfast and then headed down the road.  I stopped and several places along the route just to see if any animals were present in the early morning, but none were.  The first major place I stopped was Lewis Lake. It is where my longest hikes have taken place along the Lewis Channel Dogheads trail.  It is about 13 miles and a very pretty hike once you get out of the woods and close to Shoshone and Lewis Lake.  I stopped by to see some falls and then headed south into the Tetons National Park.  My first stop was a great view point with a lake in between me and the mountains.  It was then I noticed something odd. The lake was very very low.  No one told me that the Tetons experienced a drought, but what I could see made me sad.  The picture below shows you the lake and how much water is gone.  The second picture shows you what Coulter Bay looks like.  You see I took a boat ride out of Coulter Bay and had a great time getting real close to the mountains on the other side. But as you can see from the picture there are no boats and even if there were any they could not exit out of the inlet and into the bay because the water levels were too low.  The marina was closed down.  This was very sad.

You see how bad the drought is as all you see in front should be under water

 


Coulter Bay Marina. No boats, very sad.

  I also visited a very nice log catholic church.

I also decided to drive up to the top of signal mountain and see what the view was like over the Teton Valley.


   After seeing the Tetons I headed to Jackson Wyoming, a place for the very rich.  The place was packed and I did not want to hang around there too long, as I was wanting to drive up and over Jackson Pass to have my PBnJ lunch.  I made it to the top of the pass and the following was my view.

  After eating lunch I headed back to the dorm via Idaho to Montana.  The Idaho side was very fertile and it looked like they had a good hay and wheat crop.  Also the potatoes seemed to be doing well.  I got back to the dorm and checked in on the grocery.  It seems they have been very busy today.  So it looks like I will have plenty to do in my first hour at work tomorrow.  Thanks for reading and continue to pray for my sister-in-law Janie and her whole family.  Thanks.



 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment