Friday, June 3, 2016

Yellowstone Adventure - Day 16

   Well it is Friday and payday for all of us who slave behind the cash register. Worked thirty seven hours last week. Not quite the thirty two I was promised but until they get more help I don't see myself getting more than two days off a week. At least I am making more money than I calculated on. I worked the early shift today and the morning was pretty easy but after lunch it was crazy busy. I have learned that the store business is in direct harmony with Old Faithful. Just before she erupts we have a lull in business. Not no business but just a slow down. Then when she erupts all the spectators come running to the store to buy souvenirs before they head down the road to their next scenic spot. It is like I said before, Wal-Mart at Christmas.
  Met some pretty cool people from France today and several from my birthplace of Salt Lake City.  I had long conversations with people interested in getting a job working at Yellowstone.  I did manage to make a bagging mistake today. I rang up all this families souvenirs and got their payment. When they left I did not notice but one of their kids souvenirs was still on the counter. I felt very bad and hoped that they would come back but I fear they left for a long drive to somewhere else in the park. I left a note next to the item informing the next shift of what I did in hopes that the family would come back.
  Well that is all today. I had a great dinner and the antibiotics I am taking for my tooth ache seen to be helping. Please continue to pray for it and I thank you for it.  You all take care and may God keep you well.

No comments:

Post a Comment