Sunday, June 26, 2016

Yellowstone Adventure - Day 39

  Got up early today to eat breakfast because I  wanted to go to the outside church services at 8am on the second deck of the old faithful inn.  It was pretty chilly this morning but the sun was out to help some. I did wear my pullover sweatshirt and hat though. I walked over with my friend Jack from the dorm to the inn. Jack is one of the guys here I like very much and he has been around Yellowstone for many years so I can pick his brain some about places to see.  The services were good and when our group was standing singing amazing grace we had a lot of tourists staring at us. I am hoping some were listening and the Holy Spirit was doing his work. The sermon was on the prodigal son and from the angle of acceptance of those who feel they are not worthy of heaven.  After the services Jack and I went into the inn for coffee and tea. We sat in the chairs overlooking the huge fireplace and had a mini Bible study concerning the parables of Jesus.
  I had the late shift today and went into work at 11:25am after lunch, which I skipped because I had a good breakfast. The store was only moderately busy. Today I got to work next to Doris. She is a great lady who lives just up north in Billings Montana. She has an infectious laugh and does great interacting with the guests. I usually don't work with her as she is normally in the gift section of the store but today they needed someone in our area that can sell alcohol to the tourists. We have a lot of young people working as cashiers who can't sell the stuff to tourists.
  After dinner the shift was pretty busy and I did not have to do any stock work. Talked to some guys from Brazil who are glad they are here working rather than be in the middle of the chaos that is the Olympics in their country.  Doris kept things lovely in our area. Living around here like she does, she knows a lot of the customers by name and jokes with mostly all of them. It was good to work side by side with her as the shift went faster. She is a retired beautician who is living of of social security and doing Yellowstone summer jobs.
   I have been looking for girls names as suggestions to Logan and Shiann for our future granddaughter, but so far all the names have not passed muster for being the right one.
    I got to meet a couple from Poland today and asked them what the name of their town was called. They repeated it several times but it still did not stick. I asked them if it was a small town and they said yes. I asked them how many live there and they said 80,000. Doris and I laughed and told them that was not small, but they said it was smaller than the cities around them. They were a very nice couple. I also talked a little with a guy from Norway and another guy who moved from Denmark to New Orleans.  I have been doing great on first name pronunciation lately.
  Well that is all for now. I have to get up early for work at 7:30am. You all take care and stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment