Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Yellowstone Adventure - Day 76

   Day off day one. I got up early because today was the day I wanted to go to Idaho Falls to see Jason Bourne and Star Trek. Since I announced my intentions there were two co-workers that wanted to go with me. Bob and Kevin. I told them they could come but I would be settingng the agenda. I wanted to not only get the movie in but I wanted to stop by Wal-Mart to get a hair cut. They agreed and when my boss found out that I would be going to Wal-Mart she ask me to pick up two fans for the store. So it was a full day for sure.
  We headed out at seven and reached Idaho Falls by ten. In time for the early show of Jason Bourne. The movie was pretty good and after it we walked down to five guys burgers and fries for lunch. After lunch we headed back to the theatre for Star Trek and the one forty show. The movie was excellent and a great one to end our movie day with. After the movies we went to Wal-Mart so I could get my haircut and the guys could shop. We also picked up two fans from the slim pickings that Wal-Mart had. You see when the outside temperature is ninety six degrees, there are very few fans left to choose from. I hope Carrie likes them, else I will exchange then when I get to Cody's Wal-Mart. By the way it is a very dry ninety six degrees. The water seems to get sucked out of you as you walk around. I went to a gas station and was cleaning my windows. I had only about ten seconds with the squeegee before the window was bone dry. Dry heat but still very hot.
  After Wal-Mart I asked the guys if they ever have seen the falls off Idaho Falls and they both said no. So I took them to the falls before leaving town. They both were very impressed how they got the Snake River to transform to falls like they did. 
   We left Idaho Falls and made it back to the dorm, with a stop at a McDonald's for dinner and to update my phone. Tomorrow I will be hiking to Mallard Lake and back. So maybe I will see some wildlife.  You all take care and be well.
  P.s. Maryann tell John hi from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment