Friday, August 12, 2016

Yellowstone Adventure - Day 86

   Well back to work on early shift today. After breakfast I headed into the store to get my til ready. Kathy was my boss today and I was assigned to the grocery area. Since the store was not busy I went to work in the refrigerator helping Jack, Bill and Ron set up groceries. They are all great workers and have thanked me several times for helping them because they are short handed. I told them that it was no problem and that I liked being busy and being useful. I am getting pretty good at finding all the stock and not having to ask them questions. Also I am getting used to the cold of the refrigerator as I spend twenty minutes at a time in there before having to come out and break down all the boxes I have emptied. Around here all cardboard has to be broken down and bundled for selling back to recycle. This park must make tons of money on cardboard recycling for sure.
   The morning went by pretty quick but no cashiering at all, just stocking groceries and goods. I was relieved at eleven thirty for lunch and after lunch headed to a well deserved nap. Still recouping after the two hikes this week. Also I have not been sleeping well for the past month and a half. Too much noise from the road beside the dorm. I have to keep the window open for ventilation because dorms are not air conditioned and cars and trucks pass outside dorm all night long. Most are delivering goods throughout the park and early morning or late at night is when they choose to not get caught up in any tourist road blocks.
   After break I went back to work and it was only steady and not really busy. I did find out some good news. Denise was telling me that my last day is the 4th of September that is the end of the pay period. She told me to look at my ID card and notice when it expires. Sure enough the ID expires on the 4 th. She said they will work me the 4 th and then check me out to leave on the 5th, which is labor day. Cathy liked this news. I am hoping to work an early shift on the 4th and then checkout after work and head down the road, but if I work a late shift I will have to check out on the 5th.
  During the second part of my shift I talked to a family from Turkey. I wish I could have had more time to talk to them as I wanted to pick their brain on many of the biblical sites that are located in their country. Also talked to a man from Sicily and several from France.
   After shift I decided to do some laundry as the hikes cause some dirty clothes that needed attention. Not too much else going on but the days are getting shorter and colder for sure. Much frost on the cars and campers this morning.  You all take care and be well and safe.

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to picture frost on your windows when we are having such humidity and heat. Glad you are coming home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to picture frost on your windows when we are having such humidity and heat. Glad you are coming home soon.

    ReplyDelete