Friday, August 5, 2016

Yellowstone Adventure - Day 78

   Late shift today so I got to sleep in. That is the thing I like about the late shift, sleeping in. Lunch was pretty good and after it I headed into the store to work. I have just resigned myself to work in the grocery section as a cashier. My shift supervisor does not care where I work but the last three times I tried working in the apparel area the main boss came by and shifted me back to grocery because the kids working cannot check out anyone with alcohol.
  Business was pretty good so the first part of the shift went by quickly. I got to talk to a couple from Evansville Indiana today and a girl from Slovakia. 
  After dinner break I went back to work and it was fairly busy until around seven. Then I went to work in the refrigerator to do some stocking. I did get to meet a girl from Lithuania tonight. Also we said goodbye to two more fountain workers. The girls were from Croatia and will be heading to work in another store in the area. Also some friends of Patrick stopped by to say goodbye. They worked next door and we're from an island south of the Philippians. One of them told me they have twenty hours on a plane to get back home.
   Business has been slowing down some as our sales numbers are not meeting projections made by Delaware North. Many veteran workers do not understand why business is slowing down this early as it usually does not slow down until late August. 
  I have requested a shift change for next week because Jack is organizing a hike into bear country next Thursday. Thursday is usually my work day, so I asked Carrie if I could work Wednesday and take Thursday off. I really want to hike with Jack before I leave and this will be a nice eight miler.
  Tomorrow is payday, so that will make the day better for sure. You all take care and while you are suffering through the heat and humidity we had frost this morning. I am loving it.

3 comments:

  1. Bret, you are gonna suffer in the heat when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going by the time I get back your heat will be gone.

      Delete
  2. Maybe you can bring some "cool" back with you.

    ReplyDelete