Sunday, June 14, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 14

   My last day shift for the week, as I move to night shift tomorrow.  I woke up to fairly cool temperatures, but as I would find out later it was going to get hot today.  After breakfast I fixed my lunch bucket.  PBnH, peanut butter and honey.  :) I locked up the trailer and walked into work.  It was a perfect morning for walking and I wish I could have walked longer but I needed to get to work on time.  As I was walking a couple of youngish guys came out of an apartment complex and walked across the street in front of me.  I watched them adjust their ear phones and both started to walk listening to their music.  They were going slower than I was, as I walk at a pretty good pace (just ask Cathy). So when I caught up with them there was enough space between them for me to squeeze by.  I got to them and said "God morning fellas." You would have thought I shot a gun off.  They both jumped off the sidewalk and looked at me very startled and both started to laugh.  one said "Man you need to quit sneaking up on guys."  We all laughed and I told them you need to be embarrassed for letting a 61 year old man walk faster than you. They laughed and said they were only heading for breakfast and did not have any place to go in a hurry.  I said yeah, Wall Drug would not be happy if I was late.  I bid them good morning and walked ahead of them.
   I should not have been in a hurry to get to work as it was a very trying day selling moccasins to some very lets say trying customers.  My Dad taught me early on in my life that the customer is always right, but a few customers today we really testing me on that motto.  After about my fifth trying customer I wanted to change the motto to "The customer is always right to leave as quickly as possible." :) Thank goodness there were plenty of customers to counteract they very trying ones. I think it was the heat because as the day went on it got hotter and hotter outside. I think we reached 96 degrees today.  Even the dogs that were brought into the store were breathing really hard.  A very over weight bulldog was breathing so loud that myself and several customers left the store to see what was making the noise.  I felt sorry for the dog after seeing him trying to walk around the mall area.
   Did I tell you that all employees have to wear a mask while working.  I can tell you this that at the end of the day there is no better feeling than being able to take that mask off and walk outside.  My dog picture for the day is a Bichon Frise Shih Tzu mix.  The owner said it was also called a "Teddy Bear" because that is what it looked like as a puppy.


   Because it was a boring day I will just include a few more photos of the hallway in the Mall area and some from my area.  Enjoy and have a great day.  Stay well and stay safe.
This is the section to the right of my area called "Buckboard". If you zoom in to the TV screen you will see Jeremiah  Johnson being played.  It is on a loop playing all day.

This is the section to my left containing the belts, wallets, flip flops, etc.

This is my section selling moccasins and other shoes.

The is the chapel that is down the hallway from me.  A very nice place to go and have a quick prayer or just stay and enjoy a little peace and quiet.

This is our employee break room. If you zoom in on the guys at the table in the far right.  You will see a mock up of the card game where Wild Bill Hickok was killed.  Complete with the supposed aces and eights hand in front of Wild Bill.


No comments:

Post a Comment