Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 3

  Well today went really well.  The picture below is where my day started.  I was sent up to the stock room and spent about an hour and a half unpacking new belts and getting them into their correct slots.  That way when we run low on the floor, we just come up and grab the stock we need.  When new stock arrives to the store, it is unpacked and stored in an orderly fashion.  This makes it much easier and quicker to get when replacements are needed.  I also had to price mark several items that were shipped to the store so they can be put in the stockroom or just placed directly on the floor.  Did not get to meet to many people today but did have a few good encounters with some customers that come by to purchase replacement items.  The section I work in has many many items that are made in America.  They may be pricey but they are definitely good quality.  Take the belts for instance. I waited on a guy who came in to find the exact belt he bought from the store several years ago.  He said the belt was great quality and wanted a replacement just like it.  He took his belt off and we read the numbers that were stamped into the belt.  After some research we found him an exact replacement from our stock.  He left a very satisfied customer.  The same thing happened the day before with a lady buying replacement moccasins.  She replaced a pair that she purchased from the store years ago.  She went on and on about how well they held up over the years and still were the most comfortable shoes she had.  The two sections that I work in plus the adjoining boot and hat section sell very good quality American made items.  Sure they are pricey but looking them over I think they are very good quality. I asked about how many Stetson hats the store sells in a year and was told in a regular year they put in an order for 4,000 Stetson hats.  A pricey hat but definitely good quality, as they have many returning customers come to buy Stetsons.
   One of the things about Yellowstone work was how many times a day I got to see Old Faithful go off.  Well I have something similar here.  In the Buckboard section next to me they run on a continuous loop the movie "Jeremiah Johnson".  So before I leave here I will probably have seen every minute of that movie hundreds of times as I travel around the store.  I have been trying to convince Wall Drug  management that it is time to upgrade the movie to "The Revenant".  So far I have not had much success, but at least Jeremiah Johnson is a very good movie to watch over and over.
   That is about all for today.  Tomorrow is my Friday, as my work week is Sunday through Thursday.  With Friday and Saturday off.  Thanks for reading.



No comments:

Post a Comment