Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 24

   Today started with great morning weather and the walk into work after breakfast was refreshing.  Too bad the day did not continue that way.  Not that anything bad happened, it was just the business was way down in our department.  I am having a very hard time just standing around doing busy work.  It is the most boring thing I can imagine.  Straightening up the area, cleaning the area, checking the stock, etc... Over and over several times a day just to keep moving is getting on my nerves very fast.  Those that came into the store allowed me a rest from the boredom, but most never bought anything.  Business was terribly slow even if traffic looked like it was OK. The slowness enabled Pauline and I to add stock to the shelves but even that did not keep me busy.  I walk around the area several times a day (hundreds of times) just so I would not have to stand at the register.  I have found that standing in one place for too long makes my back hurt a lot.  It is days like today that makes me think 100 percent that I will not be coming back here to work unless I can get assigned to an area that keeps me moving.  I think I would like to work in the basement gathering and putting up stock, as I would be moving all the day and would not have to deal with selling to customers.  If I ever apply for here in the future I would only come back if I was assured that type of job.  I know I sound cranky but people who read my blog has requested that I be candid in my evaluation of my summer employment.  Some would like to do this type of employment in their retirement and like me to be honest.  I never want to steer anyone into working a job without their eyes wide open.  I just hope tomorrow will be better. I switched with Pauline and will be going in for the late shift.  TGIF. 
   Friday or Saturday will be payday, depending on when the auto deposit arrives. I will finally get a full two weeks pay plus overtime.  So I am anxious to see what the total will be.  I have been tracking my expenditures and income, so I can compare it with Yellowstone.  I think Wall Drug will be better than Yellowstone when it comes to pay and overall expenses, but it still boils down to liking the job.
   That is about it for today.  Saw several St. Louis Cardinal fans today and managed to razz them all.  Cub fans must do this as it is in our code.  :)  We all hope that there will be a baseball season this year, but none of us will put any money on it.
  I watched Warren and Jim do the Wednesday prayer meeting tonight.  It is sure nice to see this and I am glad that the Sunday sermon and Wednesday prayer meeting are online to watch.  I miss my church family just as much as I miss Cathy.  Take care all and stay well.  Stay busy too.  :)

Dog of the Day.  A real cutie.

We sell a lot of used ropes.  The real cowboys and cowgirls will buy ropes and when they are used up by them in the rodeos, they will trade the used ropes in for new ropes with us.  4 used ropes gets them a new rope in trade.  Then the tourists will buy the used ropes as souvenirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment