Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 23

   Another early morning to get breakfast and walk into work.  The weather was great for walking, but I think it will be changing to warm in the next few days. The store was not very busy this morning until around 10:30.  So I was able to get the belts back in shape and do some cleaning of my areas. Pauline got into work at 11AM and then sent me upstairs to the storage area to gather some belts and belt buckles to bring down for sale.  Before I went upstairs the maintenance guy brought three large boxes from the Minnetonka factory.  Pauline said it was her order for more moccasins and some other items for Gina's area. I went upstairs to get the belts and such.  The place is amazingly packed with goods for the stores around me.  I have not yet been to the basement, but I hear that area is packed to the ceiling with goods for sale in other parts of Wall Drug. Some employees are assigned to the basement and their job is to go around the store and gather notes on what items need restocked.  Then they would take their list to the basement and gather the items to take and stock the shelves.  This process happens many times a day and when the place is packed with tourists, it is very hard to restock while the aisles are full of people. 
   I got my belts brought down and restocked where needed.  After that was lunch and then Pauline had me price mark the moccasins and put them on the shelves.  This is a time consuming process for sure.  Pauline has to add the items shipped to her inventory, look up and record the prices, then hand me the price list.  I then have to use the pricing gun to mark every box with their appropriate price. Then I have to use the ladder to take the boxes up on the second shelves where they are stored for sale.  By the time I put up 50 boxes my legs are tired from climbing the ladder.  But at least I get my steps in for exercise.
   Not too much interesting happened today and did not have any interesting conversations with people from Indiana.  One thing I can safely say though is that God is really stressing my learning of patience because I had another rather testing customer today.  It seemed like I got down 14 pairs of shoes for this guy and after having to answer his question of "What do you think?" over and over. He then never bought a thing.  Patience young Jedi is all I could think.
   Tomorrow will be another day for sure.  Take care and stay well. 

Another view of a hallway just off our main hallway.

No comments:

Post a Comment