Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Yellowstone Adventure 2021 - Day 37 (Day Off)

 Today I needed to get a prescription filled, so I decided to head to Big Sky Montana and their clinic.  Big Sky is a very fancy ski resort town.  See pictures.  I drove all the way to the top of Big Sky and found that I could go no further on the road because it ended at a very fancy gated community.  My impression of Big Sky is that it looks very expensive to own a home there and probably very expensive to own a condo or rent there.  I also got the impression that the town was created in a hap hazard manner.  The way the houses and such looked to me as if they were just placed where anyone set a claim to the land.  Not unlike a gold mining town in the past.  The streets and such were not even laid out in any pattern and the houses were just dropped anywhere and everywhere.  There is a ton of money in the area, especially in the winter for skiing. Also there is a very nice golf course designed by Arnold Palmer in the area, but I did not go see it as it would have cost me money to get into the area probably.

   After filling my prescription I headed for Bozeman to do some antiquing and to get lunch.  The antique places I stopped at had quite a few items but nothing struck me as wanting to buy and haul home.  I also looked into the book store and did not find anything I have not read yet, so I headed for lunch at Panda Express.  After lunch I headed back down to West Yellowstone, but I decided to stop and take a small hike on a trail I see everything I drive along the Gallatin River.  See pictures below.  The hike was very pleasant and the temperature was around 70 degrees.  I like to hike when the weather is cool.  I will be back at that spot next week and I plan on hiking in about 5 miles.  So I hope to get in a 10 mile hike into the back country of Yellowstone.  

   Well tomorrow is my Monday and I hear the business has been picking up a little.  We go a delivery today and tomorrow Pepsi delivers.  So it will probably be a long interesting day.  Stay well all my readers and be kind.

 

Big Sky taken on the way up the mountain.
Another of Big Sky

From my hike
From my hike

No comments:

Post a Comment