Sunday, July 5, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 35

   Woke up to my back acting up again as bad as it did on day one.  I took some Aleve and laid on the floor to stretch it out but that did not seem to help.  I was able to watch LFCC's Sunday message this morning and it was good to see my wife Cathy back in the band once again.  It was also good to see my son Jacob there playing the guitar, as he was visiting this weekend for my son Logan's wedding.  The message was good and it is good to see that soon the church will be back to normal meeting.
  I headed to work today at 11:00 as I have an evening shift. Will be switching back to days tomorrow.  Once I was at work I went to the Wall Drug medicine center and got some Icy Hot for my back.  I put it on the area and it felt a little better, as long I kept moving.  Business was pretty good today and the Wall Drug area was packed with people.  Almost like a normal non-virus day.  Walking around Wall I have noticed now that about 75 percent of the hotels and motels are not open.  They are not packed with tourists yet like a normal summer, but they are open.  Which is good.  I have also noticed that we got more camper workers in at Wall Drug.  I can tell by the amount of campers in the lot next to where I live.  It is almost full now.  When I first got here there were maybe 6 campers in there.  Now there are around 18 and that means more workers for the store.  Which is a good thing as some areas might open up again.
  Nothing much happened today other than being busy.  Sold a ton of belts today and only a few moccasins.  The average belt cost around 65 dollars and we have some that are around 95 dollars.  I have included a couple Dog-Of-The-Day photos below.  Will be getting up early tomorrow and right now there is a severe thunderstorm warning out for our area.  Which is a shame as Wall's fireworks display was tonight.  Take care everyone and stay well. 

Cant remember what type of dog this was but it was going to grow no more than 5 pounds

This guy was an AussiePoo.  A very nice looking dog and very friendly.

No comments:

Post a Comment