Thursday, July 16, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 46

  TGIF.  Yes the end of the week finally.  I had a rousing breakfast of Oatmeal and pop tarts to start the day.  Around 10AM I started to hear a noise I have not heard in a long time.  The rumble of a very advanced airplane.  The rumble kept getting louder and louder and I went outside to look what was going on.  I looked up in the sky and saw a B1B bomber streaking across the sky.  They fly from Ellsworth Air Force base down the road.  This guy was doing some fast moving for sure and the rumble made me think of a rocket launching.  It was pretty impressive.  I have seen one fly over I90 a few times, but they were just taking off.  This guy was definitely stepping on the gas peddle.  The plane can do around Mach 1.2 I hear.  Impressive to watch.
  I walked into work and it was a little hot but not too bad.  Today was the first time I got to work with Josh, as Pauline had a warehouse day.  This is a day set aside for her to catch up on warehouse work.  Such as ordering, storing, packaging, pricing, stocking, etc..  She was grateful to have the day for sure.  During a regular summer with full employment she would have two people working in her area all the time and she would be able to do warehouse duties anytime she wanted.  But unfortunately she only has one person working in her area besides her as we are very shorthanded.
   Let me tell you about Josh.  He is a hard worker and is a great people person.  He seems to be able to talk to anyone and to help sell items in any department he is assigned.  Mostly he has worked in camping, but lately he has worked in buckboard and moccasins.  I expect Josh will be taking my place when I leave in 28 days.  :)  Josh is a camper worker, but he is more that that.  He and his wife decided to sell their home and take up the camper life.  So they researched and found out that a truck and a fifth wheel were out of their price league.  So he bought a diesel bus and spent 9 months stripping it down and converting it to house him, his wife, their three kids and the dog.  They decided to home school their kids and do camper working.  They chose Wall Drug this summer and South Dakota lets their 14 and 16 year old boys work in the store.  Their daughter gets time alone while everyone is working.  They have a car which they pull around behind the bus.  I have seen the bus and it is very nice and Josh seems to have a good mechanical head on his shoulders.  After this hitch he said they will be heading to Michigan for the beet harvest.  He picked my brain a little on working in Yellowstone, as he would like to do that one summer.  The issue is with having the kids and the dog with them. Wyoming may not allow his boys to work with them.  I can tell you this, the day sure went by faster working with Josh.  It was nice to have a guy to talk to for awhile during slow times.  Not that Pauline is not nice to talk to, but guy talk is better.  :)
  I got to talk to a couple from Indiana who picked my brain on Yellowstone, as they were heading their next.  I gave them several places to look into and advised them on some things they need to see.
  That is about it. Tomorrow is laundry day and I will be having steak for breakfast/lunch or lunch/dinner.  Have not decided yet.  I will be heading into Rapid City for some supplies and maybe a hike around town.  Take care all and enjoy the dog of the day.  A breed I have never seen before.

This guy was the first every Gray Mouth Cur I have ever seen. 
A very interesting and well behaved dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment