Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 31

   Welcome to July.  Could not sleep well last night.  Cathy and I think it was the soft taco I made for dinner.  Working late shift I need to make better decisions on evening meals as I don't want to sleep on certain spicy foods.  I was up around 6AM and decided it was not worth laying around.  Grape nuts for breakfast and worked on checkbook balancing.  Using Quicken makes that job a lot more pleasant than it was in the past. I highly recommend the software to anyone tired of having to keep track of their own finances. It also helps me track a budget for my summer work.  Just to make sure I am not spending more money that I am making.  I think Cathy would not like that and neither would I. 
   Headed into work and found out that we got another shipment of moccasins in, but the good news is it  was only 80 moccasins.  I was able to inventory them, price tag them and then get them on the shelves in about two hours.  Pauline spent a lot of time in the kids section, as that needed some loving care today.  She said it looked like a child tornado went through it.  Business was pretty good today until around 5:30, then it slowed down quite a bit.  So I was able to get the floor swept and vacuuming done.  Also disinfected a lot of surface area too.  Closing at 7:30 is sometimes a pain as tourists arrive and think that we are open late into the night.  Getting them to leave the store so we can close is sometimes difficult.  Everyone is tired and just wants to head home and to dinner.  So we try to get them to hurry as much as possible, but every once in awhile you get a stubborn tourist who does not seem to care. 
  Not much else happened but I did get my brain picked on Yellowstone from some tourists heading there.  The main point I try to give them is to take their time and try to see plenty of the park.  Get your walking shoes out and see nature up close.  Thanks for reading and enjoy the day.

Dog of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment