Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 52

   Got up with the sun today.  Unfortunately the sun comes up at 5:30AM here.  I need to cut down on the tea before bed.  :) I had a nice breakfast and got ready for the day.  The weather report said it would be hot and windy today. The weather report was right.  It was pleasant to walk to work but coming home at 5PM, it was rather warm.  But as always the good news is there was no humidity and the wind was blowing.  So I did not melt trying to get back to the trailer.
  Work today was the busiest it has been since I got here.  We sold approximately 50 moccasins today.  Once family came in and bought 11 pairs of moccasins for a total of $513.00.  Pauline was amazed at how many we were selling. I don't know why but shoes were going out the door faster than I could bring them down from the upper level to stock. I will be interesting to hear how many we sold this past week. 
   When I got to work there were items that came in that needed priced and stored, so I got busy doing that until around 10:30 when we started getting slammed with moccasins customers.  Pauline came in around 11AM and went to work in the kids section and the belts.  She and I worked a lot of moccasin selling today and teamed up quite well to ensure everyone was being served.
   I made Pauline's hero list today, well at least one hero and one not hero.  A guy came to my register to purchase a belt.  I took the belt and as I was looking it over he seemed to distract me with a question that really was not important.  My spidey senses started to tingle.  I went through the usual routine of removing the belts hook that holds it on the shelves and then I take off the price tag that is adhered to the button on the back of the belt.  You see the price tags are held onto each belt by one of the snaps that hold the belt's buckle on.  All our belts can have their buckle removed easily be unsnapping two snaps on the belt.  One of those snaps holds the price tag and style of the belt.  Well when I took the belt form the guy I immediately noticed he was buying on of out $98 Bison belts.  They are very nice belts but a little pricey. When I took the price tag off I noticed it was for a Justin belt and $32.98.  I looked at him and told him this whole thing was wrong.  The wrong tag is on this belt.  He looked a little flustered, but I came around the counter and told him to follow me.  I took him to the section of Justin belts for $32.98 and showed him the belt that the tag represented.  I then took him to the Bison belt section and showed him the same belt he was buying and the price.  He looked at me and stuttered a little and said something about finding the belt in this section.  I asked him if he wanted the $98 belt and he said yes.  So I took him back to the cash register and rang it up as it should be.  He paid by credit card and left.  I then went and looked for the Justin belt that should be missing a tag.  Sure enough I found it several sections down from where it should have been with the price tag off.  I then searched for the original Bison tag that he replaced with the Justin tag and could not find it anywhere.  I am assuming he pocketed it.  I related the incident with Pauline and showed her the evidence of what he tried to do.  She congratulated me for stopping the theft and will have management review the video to see if he was a local guy. 
  So I made Pauline's hero list but it was not to last as a kid came into our area and stole a wallet before I could approach him.  I kept watching him and was going to see if he needed help, just to make sure he knew I was around, but before I could approach him a family came in and asked me for help with a moccasin size. I went to them and helped.  My attention was gone for only about 20 seconds and when I looked for the kid he was gone.  I am sure he took advantage of the distraction to just ease out the door with the wallet he had in his hand when I saw him.  So my theft stopping was only 50 percent today.
  That is about it for today.  I will have something exciting for dinner (grape nuts) and get to bed early.  I switched with Pauline tomorrow and will be working her evening shift, as she has to work her second job tomorrow.  So I get to sleep in. Yeah and it is my Friday tomorrow, so double yeah.  Take care everyone and stay well.  16 more work days left until I can forget about moccasins for the rest of my life.  :)  Enjoy the Dog of the Day.
Dog of the Day

A full size schnauzer

No comments:

Post a Comment