Thursday, July 30, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 60

   Yeah I made it to Day 60 and it is TGIF for me.  I only have 11 more work days left selling moccasins and practicing patience and self control.  :)  Today was my evening shift and I was able to sleep in today.  Yesterday when I got off I could not reach Cathy via the cell phone.  I texted and messaged her several times.  I finally called Shiann and she was nice enough to go check on her.  I guess T-Mobile had a power outage and all was well.  I was glad and I really appreciate Shiann doing this.  I guess I over reacted, but it was just this week that one of our workers could not reach his father via cell phone.  Her got worried and asked a neighbor to check on him and he was found to have died.  Please say a prayer my co-worker and his family. 
   I walked into work, as the day was very nice after yesterdays rain.  I found Pauline very busy and jumped right into selling moccasins to several people.  Pauline said it was very busy this morning and just like Murphy's law would be enacted.  We received 171 moccasins from Minnetonka in 6 boxes.  The boxes were delivered to our area, which made the area cramped.  After getting the tourists taken care of I went about retrieving the invoice listing from the boxes and started to ensure that all were delivered OK.  I then waited until Pauline could be free enough time to get me the prices of each shoe. After around 1PM business eased off enough for Pauline to get the prices to me and I went to work pricing the shoes and then placing them in their appropriate place in our department.  Pauline was happy that the shipment arrived as she ordered these 171 2 weeks ago and has already sent another order in for more for next week.  She wants to make sure she has enough stock to cover Sturgis rally week.  We already received our schedules for next week and they are doubling the number of workers in the boot area next week to 4 people.  We will still only have 2 until Pauline gets a warehouse day, then we get three in our department.  Sturgis is a big money making time for the store and it will be my first time in the area during the rally.  I try to avoid this area and the surrounding 100 miles while the rally is going on.  Too many motorcycles and too costly to stay anywhere during this time.  We will see if the virus keeps the numbers down.
   Not too much else happened today.  The place was fairly busy, but the tourists for the most part behaved themselves.  Tomorrow is my day off and you know that means laundry and a trip to the meat market.  I also will be calling a local barber and see if I can get my hair cut.  I am beginning to look rather shaggy in the back. I hope you who are reading this are doing fine and I hope you stay well. 

Dog of the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment