Friday, July 10, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 40 (Day Off)

   I was able to sleep in today a little.  I wanted to get up and get moving to get to the laundromat before a crowd. I was able to get there and no one was in the laundromat but before I was done three others came in to do their laundry. The interesting thing is that I was the only one who stayed and watched my laundry.  The others were very trusting individuals who put their laundry in and left.  One guy even asked me how much time it would take to get the washer done.  I guess they were more trusting of individuals than I am.  I just don't like tempting anyone to steal.  :)
   After the laundry was done I went to the Wall meat processing plant to get some meat to eat.  I get a little tired of just turkey or chicken or peanut butter or a salad.  A person needs some meat with blood in it.  :)  The meat processing plant is just that.  90 percent of the place is butchering and packaging meat, but there is a freezer in the front area that holds items they would sell to the general public.  You see their main business is to provide meat to local restaurants and other business.  A small side business is to provide some cuts of meat to locals at Wall and surrounding area.  They have beef cuts and pork cuts and what I wanted to try, their Wall Dogs.  Josh at work told me about them and I decided to get some to try.  I also wanted to pick up a couple of steaks.  I just wish I had a grill instead of just stove-top.  I paid the guy for the food but before I left I wanted to know who there was Pauline's husband.  As Pauline told me her husband worked there.  The guy pointed him out and I met him and told him his wife was a slave driver.  :) He laughed and said, "They have you in moccasins?" I said, "Yes and I ma not happy about it either."  He laughed and I said goodbye.  The meat processing was hopping I will tell you.  Pauline told me they were putting in many hours a day just to keep up, as a lot of meat processing places are shut down or behind schedule.  It reminded my a lot of the Odon place the Amish run.
   After putting the meat in the freezer and getting the laundry put up I decided to head to Rapid City to get some lunch/dinner and do some Wal-Mart shopping.  After this stressful week I wanted to go and have a nice sit down lunch/dinner.  Josh told me that the Outback in Rapid City was now doing inside seating.  So that is where I headed.  I got there just when it opened at 11AM and since I did not have any breakfast I was fairly hungry.  I walked in and found out that I was the only customer.  Evidently no one else wanted to eat at 11AM on a Friday.  :)  They really made some changes to how they feed customers to conform to virus restrictions.  The first thing I noticed was that all employees had masks on.  The second thing what the table they set me on was completely empty, other than a specially printed menu.  The menu looked like it was just printed and will be thrown away after I get done ordering.  The waiter asked me for what I wanted and he went away.  He came back with the bread and salad and silverware. If you wanted salt or pepper or sugar, they would just bring packages and place them in front of you.  I can say they are really doing their due diligence to keep a handle on the virus spreading.  It sure was good to not eat in my truck for a change. 
   After lunch I headed to Wal-Mart to get some groceries and such.  One of the things I picked up was some RainX.  I wanted to put another coat on my windows, as the coat I put on in Indiana was wearing off.  RainX is some great stuff and I highly recommend it for anyone traveling in rain and behind a semi. 
  After groceries picked up I headed back to trailer.  When I got the groceries put away I headed back into Wall to find a car wash.  I wanted to try to get the bugs off the truck.  If you are ever traveling across South Dakota be aware that their state bird is the grasshopper. :)  Your windshield and front end is going to be a mess and mine was.  I got some quarters from the Marathon station and then spent the next 30 minutes trying to get the bugs off the front and grill and such.  After I washed the truck I went back to the trailer and applied the RainX to the windshield. 
   Later on in the afternoon another storm came blowing over.  Man storms come up quickly here and pass by quickly also.  I was hoping to get in a walk this evening but we will see.  Wall has a rodeo going on now and will be here until Sunday.  The rodeo grounds is filled with horses and cattle.  My guess is they will be having calf roping and bull riding during this weekend.  There are some very good cowboys and cowgirls around here.
  Well that is about it for the day.  I will watch Gerry Thomas and Kevin Francis' YouTube video Share Your Faith, on how to reach others for Christ later this evening.  I hope you are watching it as it is always good to learn knew ways to spread the good news of Jesus.  Stay well and be good to those around you.

Unusual clouds.  Ben Waggoner said they were Mammatus clouds



No comments:

Post a Comment