Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Wall Drug Adventure 2020 - Day 58

   Slept in again today.  I guess I enjoy reading late into the night.  The Clive Cussler book I am reading is pretty good.  The morning was very nice but my phone went off and indicated a flash flood warning for the next two days.  It looks like we will be getting some rain for a couple of days straight and then the temps will be in the 70's for my days off.  I will look forward to that, but in the mean time I walked to work as it was a nice morning. 
   Pauline was actively getting the inventory straightened out and was glad to have me come in.  I told her where else would I go.  She laughed and pointed at the 170 belts I needed to price tag and put up.  So I got to work while she headed upstairs to get more stock priced and brought down.  I have learned over the past month to not bother her when she is upstairs and just let her work.  So when my break time came and went I just let he work until her lunch time.  I then called her and reminded her that it was her lunch time.  She said she was sorry to have forgotten my break time, but I told her I would take a break when she came back from lunch.  One of the benefits of not having management looking over our shoulders is we can adjust our schedules to ensure the work gets done and the breaks can be done when we can.  I finished up the belts, they were all bison belts by the way. Pauline order a few more than normal because historically the Sturgis folks buy a lot of belts.  After the belts were done I went to work on a box of belt buckles that came in.  Pricing them and putting them on the shelves.  Pauline worked on putting in another moccasin order to replace those that we have sold in the past few days.  Last week order has still not arrived and she is worried it wont get here before Sturgis.  After the order was placed she told me that as of now we had sold over 800 pairs of moccasins for the month of July.  She said that last year in July they only sold 614 pairs of moccasins.  I think the store is doing well for a virus year and tourists seem to have money to spend.  I also told her it was all me as I am the only difference in the moccasin department from last year.  She laughed and told me I still was not getting a raise.  Man what does a guy have to do to prove himself around here?  :)
  Other than some nice dogs for the day, see pictures below, there as one strange couple that came through.  The wife was video taping her husband while he did ventriloquist routines around areas of Wall Drug.  See picture below.  I was too busy to hear his routine, but several others in the hallway watched him and her as they performed.  The store did not pay him.  It just seemed it was his way of logging the vacation from the dummy's perspective.  Interesting, but very strange.  Well enjoy the pictures and stay well all. 


A pretty dog, but did not like people approaching his owner.

Dog of the Day. 
This little guy was very tired and sleepy
in the back pack of his owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment