Monday, July 4, 2016

Yellowstone Adventure - Day 47

   Well the fourth of July has finally arrived and it is also my Friday. I called Cathy and she told me that it was raining in Linton today but the parade was still a go. I looked at our forecast and it predicted rain also. But as in most mountain storms it passes quickly. I was able to sleep in today. I also was able to get my laundry done before lunch. I heard that the EDR was creating a special lunch for us today and boy was it special. The EDR was decorated in red, white and blue. The tables were decorated and there was already place settings with a souvenir flag for us to keep. The lunch consisted of prime rib, baked potatoes, corn on the cob, salad and fresh baked pies for dessert. I chose the coconut cream pie. Did I ever mention that we have some great cooks in the EDR? The lunch was fantastic and I was glad I had to work right after lunch so I could work off the meal.
  Out on the store floor the tourist business was pretty good but not what I expected for the weekend of the fourth. I think business was down from previous day and the fourth was not as busy as Memorial Day.
  After my afternoon break I was treated to getting to watch the Old Faithful fourth of July parade. It did not have many units but people still gathered around and watched the mixture of firetrucks, ranger vehicles and police cars. It was pretty neat.
  Business died down later in the evening and the floor supervisor let me go an hour early.  So I get to start my two days off early.
  I had a couple of good customer experienced today too. I met a couple from Catalonia. Which is an autonomous community of Spain. They made a point of expressing they were not from Spain. I also got to talk to a couple from Germany who both were over six foot three inches tall. First time I had to really crane my neck to talk to a couple.
  Well that is about all. Tomorrow I plan on taking a morning hike to Mary mountain. I will walk to a spot for lunch then hike back. Hope to see some great wildlife too. The next day off I think I might drive to see another ghost town.  Take care you all and I hope you all had a great fourth of July.

1 comment: