Thursday, July 28, 2016

Yellowstone Adventure - Day 71

   Well back to work on the early shift. Could barely get up when the alarm went off at six am. While the internet worked I looked at some web sites of cabins that Cathy and I are trying to arrange some time away when I get home. Looks like we will be heading to Branson and a cabin just outside of silver dollar city. Looking forward to spending time with Cathy.
  At breakfast all the cashiers were asking if the computers were able to process credit cards yet. The answer was "No." That did not spell an easy day for us at all. When I got my til the main boss came in and gave me instructions on how to process credit card using the old credit card swiping machine. I asked a few logical questions such as "We get a lot of credit cards declined when the computers are up. Won't those transactions fail when accounting tries to process the slips we give them manually and the tourist just basically walks away with merchandise for free?" The answer I received was "Yes that is so." So my guess is that Delaware North lost a good amount of money during this computer glitch.
  After the credit card training I worked for Sandy putting up stock. Business was so slow that I worked for her all the way until the eleven thirty break. Good news came at ten when Carrie announced that the computers were now able to process credit cards and a cheer went out in the store from the cashiers, and a few tourists.
   After lunch business picked up a little and I was fairly busy until quitting time at five thirty. I took a hike up to the overlook last night and then around the geyser basin. So tonight I think I will just take it easy and watch the Cubs play the cross town rivals the White Sox.
  So you all take care and I will leave you with a life lesson from a book I am reading by Charlie Russell. It seems that when horses are being bothered by biting flies. They will stand side by side with the head of one facing the tail of the other. So that the swishing tail of each horse will clear the flies off the eyes and nostrils of the other horse. So when you find things are tough just stand side by side and do what you can to help the other person.

No comments:

Post a Comment