Sunday, July 24, 2016

Yellowstone Adventure - Day 66

  Another late shift day and this time I slept in. Except for getting up at six and updating computer because the Verizon internet works better at six in the morning than at nine when the tourists wake up. After updating computer I went back to bed. 
  After shower I stopped by the store to see if they were busy. Said hi to some co-workers from the other shift and they said it was not too busy. Saturday's seem to be a traveling day for tourists and not a shopping day.
  There was another accident East of us that closed the road for two hours. Many of the customers in the store have been commenting on the tourist drivers and over crowding in the park. I just tell everyone to slow down and to not get mad during the drives through the park. I don't know of any casualties yet as they don't tell us, but several accidents were head-on collisions.
   After lunch I went to work and was assigned the grocery area and the cash register for employees to get their fifty percent discount. The shift was fairly busy. I got to talk to a couple from Barcelona Spain, from England and several from France.  It also seems that Texas is the state with the most tourists visiting the park. They must not like the heat at all in there state.
   Yesterday was the last day for Steve and Lorena. They gave their notice a week ago and they will be missed for sure. In a few weeks we will start to lose all our college kids. Gary indicated that he will probably alter all the shifts. So I may be working different hours and probably will be working with different people from mid August until when I leave after labor day.
  Business stayed steady until my break. The weather here today has been fantastic. Mid seventies with a nice cool breeze.
   After break I went back to the store and found business had picked up somewhat but after about an hour it slowed down. Later in my shift I worked in the walk-in refrigerator stocking pop and such.  The workday ended with nothing unusual happening.
  On a side note Cathy told me we have a sink issue at home. Wish I could beam there and fix the problem but Cathy is doing a great job taking care of the place and I am sure she will handle the leaky hose issue in the sink well.
  Tomorrow is Sunday and Jack and I will be attending church services at the Old Faithful Inn. So I can't sleep in, which I will miss. I hope you all attend church services tomorrow.   Stay well.

No comments:

Post a Comment