Friday, July 29, 2016

Yellowstone Adventure - Day 72

   Well another day shift and pretty much a duplicate of yesterday morning. Business was slow and helped Sandy in putting up stock. Got chewed out by a store organizer because I put the wrong stuffed wolves in the section by our coffee mugs. They wanted the more expensive stuffed wolves in the area and I put the less expensive ones there. I told her that is because we do not have any expensive wolves in stock. She just smiled and said for me not to ruin her display and she put expensive stuffed bisons in place of the cheaper wolves, which in my opinion sell like hot cakes.
  Got relieved at eleven thirty and then headed to the EDR for a surprise. The EDR folks put out a spread today that was the rival of what they did for the fourth of July. They prepared grilled salmon and rice. For those like myself that do not like salmon, they prepared pasta shells stuffed with chicken and cream cheese. They also gave us little presents to take with us. I know I have said this before but our EDR cooks are fantastic. This lunch sure helped with morale of the staff here. 
  On a personal note, I want to wish my mother-in-law Norma Elliott a very happy birthday today. She is one special lady and has been a great second Mom to me since I married into the crazy mixed up Elliott family.
  After the lunch break I headed back onto the floor for work. Business was steady but not really bad. The tourists were mostly calm but most were surprised by the amount of traffic in the park. I tell them all to be safe and not to let the traffic get them upset.  One of the questions I keep getting is "Where are the animals?" I try to tell them they are out there but usually are staying away from high tourist's areas. I have found that since tourist season has reached its peak that you have to hike to see some animals or wait until later in the evening when things calm down for them to show themselves.
  After work I decided to have cereal for dinner so I would not feel guilty about all the great lunch I ate. I may have to take a short hike tonight too.  Well you all have a great day and keep praying for each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment